Barford Lakes Match Fishing Rules 2012
The owners or fishery manager reserve the right to amend or change a rule at any time if it is deemed to be detrimental to the fish or fishery.
If you find a grey area within our rules or are unsure of any parts - PLEASE ASK US.
Please respect our fish, fishery and rules. Thank you.
- Manufactured Barbless hooks only - max hook size standard size 8 or equivalent.
- Anglers to lay their keepnets and landing net out behind their peg on arrival.
- Keepnets to enter lake 15 minutes before the start of the match.
- Lifting and dropping allowed but no suspending of bait other than by a float.
- No surface fishing.
- Free running leads and feeders only (Method feeders - inline and flat bed only) - no elasticated feeders of any type.
- 4" minimum hook length for feeder or ledger.
- No Floating pole method - line between pole tip to top of float - minimum of 6" and maximum of 1 metre.
- Minimum 12" of line between bottom of float and hook.
- When fishing within 1 metre of bankside vegetation no line limit applies.
- No bubble floats.
- You can not feed with a pole whilst fishing a rod.
- No hand-lining – unless necessary i.e. broken top section, foul hooked fish (pulla kits/bungs permitted).
- Your boundary is halfway between you and the next angler.
- No Peanuts.
- Groundbait allowed - 2 kilo limit.
- Luncheon meat - 2 small tins one 340gram tin allowed.
- Liquidised & riddled baits not to exceed 1 kilo or a 3.3 pint bait box.
- Fishery purchased feed pellets only.
- Paste, hook/banded/expanda pellets & boilies are allowed for HOOK BAIT ONLY.
- Boilie & Pellet Hook Baits to be stored in small tub (no larger than a 1 pint bait box).
- All feed baits to be used in moderation.
- NO BAIT to enter the water after the match - please take it home or use the bin provided.
- 50LB MAXIMUM IN A KEEPNET - 3 NETS MAX.
- COLTON LAKE - 8 Carp in a net - 3 NETS MAX.
- PLEASURE LAKE - 8 Carp in a net (2 NETS MAX) - Additional keepnet for silver fish and small carp (under 2lb).
- If keepnets have the allocated amount in, then you may alternate the fish evenly between each net.
- Keepnets to be DRY when brought on site.
- Lay nets out behind your peg on arrival - put in the lake 15 minutes before the start of the match.
- Movement of fish between nets is not permitted at any time.
- Your weight will be disqualified if you have 65lb+ in a keepnet (or Pleasure and Colton Lake more than 8 carp in a net) and 3 nets have not been filled as stated above.
- Keepnets and landing nets should be of a suitable size and be carp friendly material.
- No rocks and stones inside keepnets.
- Bait and tackle that is visible on an anglers peg will be deemed as in use.
- We have a Keepnet and Weighing in Policy.
- Please remove all litter from pegs including discarded line (we advise you cut it into small pieces).
- Ensure careful handling of fish at all times.
- Vehicles & equipment are left at their owner's risk.
Angling Clubs Weighing In Policy
- Carp/unhooking mats must be used. They can be borrowed from the fishery.
- Do not tumble fish down the keepnet - Collapse the net and pull the 2nd/3rd ring from the bottom through the top on the keepnet.
- Place the fish back to the water from the weigh bag/net - please DO NOT throw them back.
- It's best practise to dry your nets after each match.
First Aid is only available at the main Barford Lakes site (Sarah & Pam are qualified first aiders - if you need first aid please call 01603 759624). There may not be first aid provision available on all Sundays.
Match organisers have responsibility for organising first aid provision at other venues.
The owners and bailiffs reserve the right to refuse entry or ask an angler to leave due to any violation of the land, lakes or rules. They also reserve the right to change a venue at short notice due to any unforeseen circumstances.